Learning to center and align with Spirit is vital to have a fulfilled life. But how do we know when we are in alignment?
According to Unity Magazine’s article, “Centering Into Spiritual Alignment,” by Rev. Bronte Colbert:
Alignment is remembering and acknowledging our constant connection with the Divine, our highest self, our innermost being. It’s holding the consciousness of walking in this world as part of a spiritual adventure. Alignment helps enhance our lives with gratitude, mindfulness, and loving-kindness.
It is easier to know when we are not in alignment as we may feel judgmental, worried, overwhelmed, or even cranky!
I find that when I am most out of alignment, I feel lost and agitated. Often, I find I’m experiencing conflict with the people around me. Then, I know I must stop and take inventory of my thoughts.
If you find yourself expressing any of the above emotions and thoughts, try some of the following tips to center yourself back into alignment:
- PAUSE and focus on yourself. Relax, breathe slowly and check in with your inner self. Think of something that makes you happy and inspired.
- GRATITUDE helps us recognize our good. It also acts as a magnet to attract more good to be grateful for.
- Start a DAILY PRACTICE which includes writing a list of things you are grateful for. Read the list often.
- Embrace life with CURIOSITY and EXPECTATIONS to draw good into your life.
- LOOK for little surprises that come up in your day-to-day living.
Too often, we get caught up in the drama of life and let it sap our energy and happiness. Focusing on the good of life helps us learn to be in alignment with Spirit. These tips can be incorporated into a meditation or mindfulness moment and practice. They help when we lose our alignment — forgetting that we are one with the ONE.
Over time, this practice becomes easier and more automatic when I stop and remember who I am. This alone can go a long way in helping us center and align with Spirit.