This touching Christmas Message was among my holiday stories which I adapted into a New Thought Christmas message. Unfortunately, I do not know where I found it or who originally wrote it, so I am sharing my own version.
Dear Children of the World,
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you’ve forgotten that I wasn’t actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival.
Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime. How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don’t care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn’t allow a scene depicting My birth, then put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. Then, let others display the decorations they want to celebrate the season.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish. And it doesn’t matter if you wish each other a Merry Christmas or a Happy Holiday — it all means the same!
If you want to give a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
- Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
- Visit someone in a nursing home. You don’t have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
- Instead of writing the government complaining about the wording on the cards the staff sent out this year, why don’t you write and tell them that you’ll be praying for them and their families this year.
- Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can’t afford and they don’t need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of why I came to live with you down here and how they can experience my message today. Hold them in your arms and remind them that they are loved.
- Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
- Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
- Instead of nitpicking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. A warm smile and a kind word can go a long way.
- Here’s a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no “Christmas” tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to some other charity and they will make the delivery for you.
Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I’ll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember:
I LOVE YOU,
Join me live on Facebook this weekend (on Spiritual Abundance) as I share more New Thought principles and practices!!
Access all my Facebook Live video right here on the website: