Using visualization is engaging your imagination and the creative side of your brain to help bring forth your goals and desires.
Visualization is so powerful that implants the following in your mind and body:
- Your mind already thinks you are experiencing it
- Your body will become a magnet and pull your desire to you
When visualization, you are actually telling the Universe, God or Spirit what you want for your life. It is a very creative process to begin to move your life forward in the direction you want to go.
This practice is used successfully by many professional athletes to improve their game:
“Professional athletes use mental visualization to help them become more agile in their game. For example, Tiger Woods has been using visualization techniques to improve his game since he was a teenager, and World Champion Golfer, Jack Nicklaus, was quoted as having said, “I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp in-focus picture of it in my head.” Former NBA All-Star, Michael Jordan, used mental imagery to get into what he referred to as “the zone” to make his game-winning, three-point shots.”
~ Tris Thorp with the Chopra Center
Through this method, your subconscious believes that your desire is already in place, thus, presents that information to your conscious mind that is already aligned with your belief. Your mind acts on that exchange of information and ultimately works at manifesting what you are seeking.
The more you use this technique, the clearer and more power your visualization become, and the more engaged the Universe will be with your desires.
How to Use the Creative Process of Visualization
- Think about things as you would prefer them to be, as though they already were that way. Support your thinking as desired with journaling, artwork, or other ways of recording it and building on it.
- Step into the picture you’ve created in mind and feel what it feels like to be there.
- Keep doing this until you notice that what you were envisioning has actually built itself out in form all around you. It is now your real life.
- Relax and enjoy. Then, when you are ready, select your next goal.
~ Rev. Jesse Jennings, D.D., Senior Minister of Creative Life Spiritual Center, a Religious Science community in suburban Houston.